Pages

Thursday, November 21, 2013

Sleep Training Fail

It's approximately 9:30pm and I am sitting here with my glass of water in tow waiting for the next episode of "Scandal" to air (my guilty pleasure). Right next to me is my little ace....did I mention I have a 13month old? I know right!!! What is he doing up? He should be asleep. Well I must confess, I am a failure at sleep training.  I have long been in denial and chucking up my inability to train my little munchkin to sleep with the excuse of inheriting my family genes (I have a long history of relatives including me that tend to keep late hours for no reason). I have tried every method in the book -cry it out, no tears, fill him up with food e.t.c. ...... name it and chances are I have tried them all. Nothing worse that watching your little toddler cry it out and you have to completely ignore him while consoling at intervals. I remember sitting in the corner and crying myself out too. What in the world was Ferber thinking? I know a lot of moms that have successfully applied that method but it is definitely not for the faint of heart. Maybe another reason could be because I am a SAHM and I feel like we can go to sleep and wake up whenever we can. Yeah I know...... it's probably going to come back and bite me in the you know where. I have been told "it's okay he will learn it by himself".  I am still a work in progress. I need help........ I am definitely open to whatever works (except the "cry it out" method of course)

"so hard to watch this cutie patootie cry it out"

No comments:

Post a Comment